Review Request: Ensure notifications sent to DBus notification daemons are compatible with that daemon's capabilities

Sjors Gielen dazjorz at dazjorz.com
Mon Jul 26 09:39:51 BST 2010

Op 25 jul 2010, om 19:35 heeft Sjors Gielen het volgende geschreven:

>> You can commit yourself.
>> Patch is good.
>
> Committed, but annoyingly, I cancelled the commit to check one line again, but then svn suddenly committed with an incomplete log message. The first line of the log message should have been something like "Ensure notifications sent to DBus notification daemons are compatible with that daemon's capabilities" :-(
>
> Oh well, the patch is in! On to implementing Growl support.
>
> Thanks,
> Sjors

Hi Olivier, others,

I have committed this patch to trunk, but since it is quite a large and important bugfix, I would love it to be in KDE 4.5 too. However, there are risks in this patch, such as when applications do not send valid HTML (the code takes it into consideration and it works in my tests, but still, it is a risk).

Do you think it is OK to backport it to 4.5? Maybe in a simplified form?

Thanks,
Sjors