Opposition to removing old KWin themes?

Martin Gräßlin kde at martin-graesslin.com
Sun Jul 25 20:55:12 BST 2010

On Sunday 25 July 2010 21:40:16 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> > the only kwin theme
that is a bit more expensive is Aurorae but I would
> > really be surprised
if that would be more than negligible.

> From what i can say, Aurorae has
a serious performance problem on
> activating windows here (peaks, then
peaks notably again after a short
> delay), being a pain in the ass with non
"click to focus" models and makes
> it nearby unusable on eg. netbooks
:(
Probably caused by the animation as we have it also in Oxygen with the
slight difference that you cannot disable them in Aurorae without manually
editing a configuration file. Though I have been using an Aurorae theme for
the last month and could not notice any performance problems.