Opposition to removing old KWin themes?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 10:18:57 BST 2010

Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Divendres, 23 de juliol de 2010, Leo Savernik
va escriure:
> > > Am Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2010 22:12 schrieb Marco
Martin:

> but right now, the -real- motivation is simply this:
something that looks outdated like that gives a really bad
kde.

> > > You sound as if KDE were shipped with Redmond theme turned
on by
> > > default. Enabling the user to configure his system butt ugly
but
> > > blazingly fast does not contradict elegance in any way.

+1

> Just as a sidenote: I would be very careful with removing featues
just
> because we believe people don't use them (maybe because we don't get
bug
> reports). We once did that with the projects plugin in Kate, and got
*lots*
> of complaints suddenly as complete surprise...
> Based on this,
there are certainly users using those themes.

there is a diference however,
between a functional feature, that the project handling is, and a visual
theme,that doesn't add or remove anything from the software
functionality

--
Marco Martin