Opposition to removing old KWin themes?

Martin Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Thu Jul 22 22:24:16 BST 2010

On Thursday 22 July 2010 21:36:49 Nuno Pinheiro wrote:
> and one style out of all of those should e enough right ? we could even
> touch it a bit and call it good old days or something

Well, a retro-style could be neat, but for just for "simple" themes, I was
thinking more just for example dropping borders and using contrasting
background colors instead. Or at least solid single-pixel, single-color
borders.
(I would now have shown som great examples from the monthly ArchLinux
screenshot thread, but it seems like everyone with good taste there has
switched to KDE. :-P)

> but we don't need all of them do we, they carry a message of stuck in time
> and given the few themes we have having so many bad looking ones give a
> overall bad message IMO.

I agree. And while maybe blacklisting themes is a bit ugly, I don't see any
other viable solutions (other than having .desktop files with all the styles,
maybe?).

--
Martin Sandsmark