Opposition to removing old KWin themes?

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Thu Jul 22 20:03:50 BST 2010

Am Thursday 22 July 2010 schrieb Martin Sandsmark:
> On Thursday 22 July 2010 17:27:42 Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
> > > I'd like to remove some old KWin themes from the default SC 4.6
> > > install, eg. B II, Redmond, etc.
> >
> > On the similar note, I'd also remove some of the old Widget themes (CDE,
> > Motif, Window 9x)
>
> Where are you going to move them? I suspect that some people are still
> using them … :-)
Sorry, i didn't attach kde-core (again...).
There's a mini-thread on kwin at kde.org.

Basically those (styles) _cannot_ be removed technically as they're statically
linked in QtGui.

Hugos & Nunos idea apparently _was_ (i was rather joking :) to simply
blacklist them in kcmshell4 style - ie. "More quality by hiding shit" (tm) :-P

So actually nothing (but maybe kapplication or nokia) could actually prevent
you from using them, it'd be just a frontend thing - iff at all.

Thomas