Inclusion of simon in kde-accessibility

Richard Dale richard.dale at telefonica.net
Wed Jul 21 17:16:10 BST 2010

On Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:11:23 am Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 July 2010 10:59:44 Peter Grasch wrote:
> > On Wednesday 21 July 2010 09:41:24 Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> > > Now Peter asked if the review could start already. I'm not sure about
> > > that. Hasn't this happened before, that someone put a note where to
> > > find the to- be-reviewed app into kdereview instead of cloning the
> > > sources? If I recall correctly for rekonq the situation was/is
> > > similar. So would this be acceptable in this special situation?
> > > I know we have our rules. On the other hand, sometimes we need to
> > > accommodate reality ;)
> >
> > Thanks for the uplifting words :)
> >
> > At this point I just want to point out again that keeping a copy of the
> > sources on the kdereview SVN wouldn't really be a problem imho if it were
> > just for the period of the review.
> >
> > I am the only active developer on the codebase on sf anyways and syncing
> > my changes wouldn't really be an issue for me.
>
> I think that's a fine solution: Put Simon into kdereview, announce it on
> k-c-d (this list :)), and have it reviewed. Then, when the review is done,
> wait for git.kde.org to become open and move it there.
Isn't kdereview just like a scratch pad - i don't understand why we can't have
one in the git repo and another one in the svn repo depending on where the
package is hoping to end up. Then we can make either svn or git commits while
it is in the kdereview repo and the commits won't get lost when the package is
moved to its final destination.

-- Richard