New script in kdesdk/scripts: reviewboarddiff

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 21 00:43:10 BST 2010

Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> On 12/07/2010 21:03, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Hmm. First off, I would add -d and try again to see what it thinks it is
>> doing.
>
> Good idea. Here is the output:
>
> post-review -n -d
> Password:
>
> If I manually run the propget this way it works:
>
> svn propget reviewboard:url svn+ssh://gateau@svn.kde.org/home/kde
>
> My guess is that it works for you as long as your svn username is the
> same as your local one, which is not the case here.

Sorry for the delay, been out a few days. That looks like it might
indeed be a bug/limitation. I suggest reporting it on Review Board's
mailing list.

I, however, don't have that problem:
$ id
uid=7000(kde) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),11(install)
$ head -n 2 ~/.ssh/config
Host svn.kde.org
User mwoehlke

(...which also saves me having to fiddle with user name in svn+ssh URL's
:-).)

>> Well, post-review has the distinct advantage of performing the upload
>> for you :-). (Given enough command line options you can even fill in and
>> immediately publish the diff.)
>
> Not sure I would like it to publish without me looking at what it
> created, but I can see how this can be handy in some situations.

Oh, sure, I agree! But some people seem to like that sort of thing :-).

--
Matthew
ENOWIT: .sig file temporarily unavailable