A potentially serious bug in KIO/kio_http and a possible patch ??

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Mon Jul 19 11:51:01 BST 2010

On Monday 19 July 2010, Dawit A wrote:
> For me gmail with khtml does not get past the "Loading <email-address>"
> status message. After that is shown, I always get a blank page regardless
> of what user-agent string I use. I thought the flash bits are used only
> when you have chat sounds and advanced attachment features enabled ??

There are two ways to gets khtml and gmail working:
Spoofing as older firefox and using gmail version 1.
Spoofing as safari and using gmail version 2.

If you use standard user-agent you get gmail version 1 and gets treated as an
older safari, which leads to the situation where the page is never rendered
after being loaded. Not sure what goes wrong, but I've assumed it is some kind
of iframe event, either trigger or handling.

`Allan