Moving palapeli-goldberg-slicer to kdereview

Tue Jul 13 22:33:52 BST 2010

On Tuesday 13 July 2010 21:45:42 Johannes Loehnert wrote:
> One remark: I noticed that the "dummy entry" for irregular grids (when
> qvoronoi is missing) is no longer added. I intented it to be a pointer for
> the user ("there is more, but..."). Could it be added again, or would that
> collide with the new wizard interface?

It would not collide with anything, but I doubt this is good interface design.
The puzzle creation dialog is not the right moment to inform the user about
missing dependencies, and there were already several chances:

1. If Palapeli was compiled from source, the CMake output will now contain a
notice that the optional dependency qvoronoi is missing.
2. If Palapeli was installed from a package, the package management should (if
possible) have pulled in the qhull package already if it is available.

Apart from this information, I think that documentation of this dependency in
the handbook should suffice (perhaps with a special remark that it is enough
to have the qvoronoi executable somewhere in $PATH, without the need for root-
privileged installation).

Greetings
Stefan