Finding shortcut

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Sun Jan 31 19:29:52 GMT 2010

On Sunday 31 January 2010 19:59:43 Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Sunday 31 January 2010 13:45:14 Michael Jansen wrote:
> > On Sunday 31 January 2010 19:06:37 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > KGlobalShortcutInfo already provides this. however, KGlobalAccel
> > > doesn't seem to offer any "query by name" methods. it only allows
> > > (from what i can see?) getting the shortcut info for a given accel
> > > sequence or listing known entries by name ... so it does seem than
> > > KGlobalAccel is missing something like a KGlobalShortcutInfo
> > > getGlobalShorcutByName(const QString &module, const QString &name)
> > >
> > > (and no, i don't know why it uses "get" in the method names :)
> >
> > You seem to have a lot of fun to bash everything global shortcuts
> > related. Why not make a blog post titled "10 things i hate about kde's
> > global shortcut implementation" and reference that whenever you have the
> > urge to once again show your disapproval?
> >
> > The part about you picking apart it's api is the one thing i really want
> > to see because i will admit openly that i do not have much experience
> > designing apis generally and kde specific. So i always look for valuable
> > input (No sarcasm) to learn.
>
> Taking the "no sarcasm" on face value, how is Aaron supposed to provide you
> API feedback in a way that does not unduly "bash everything global
> shortcuts related", if this was not it?
>
> That way the rest of us when performing API and code review will ensure
> that we know exactly how we may properly point out issues without
> warranting a blog post to reference.

By doing an api review and pointing out problems and not repeating the same old arguments in
unrelated posts again and again. This was only one of the occurrences. Perhaps i should have
answered to the other in the last days with this message.

That hint was only to aaron. Everyone else can safely ignore that part.

Mike