[KDE Usability] Close button: reaaly close or go to system tray?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jan 26 19:19:02 GMT 2010

On 26.01.10 09:58:56, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On January 26, 2010, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > And what happens to poor souls like me who don't have a single plasmoid
> > anywhere (except for the digital clock in the panel)?
>
> you don't have an application launcher (kickoff, classic menu, lancelot,
> etc.)? you don't have a task bar? a system tray? a pager? a device notifier? a
> nothing at all in your panel except a lone clock? ;)

Sorry for being imprecise (I don't use the menu, the device notifier or
the taskbar), I don't have any plasmoids on my desktop :)

> > I simply don't have
> > any empty space on my desktop to put a plasmoid there and having to hide a
> > window just to reach a plasmoid is not an option IMHO.
>
> ignoring ctrl-f12 (dashboard), this is really a moot point.

I just tried, that does nothing here :P Anyway, I just wanted to raise my
concern as somebody who totally ignores plasma(oids) as much as he can :)
I couldn't quite follow the following paragraphs, but it sounds like I'm not
going to be left behind with my way of working.

Andreas

--
Tuesday is the Wednesday of the rest of your life.