Static plugins and enable final

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 18:42:59 GMT 2010

Hello people,

I'm writing this in regard to 220403. To put it short, KAuth (in kdecore) is
based upon static plugins, which are not built if KDE4_ENABLE_FINAL is turned
on, resulting in quite bad situations.

Now, I can write a patch to ditch out static plugins, but that would require
hardcoding some stuff and doing not-so-good things. Bearable, but I'd like to
avoid this.

The second option is activating KDE4_NO_ENABLE_FINAL on kdecore, which I
suppose is something that is not even taken into consideration. I'd like to
know if there's a third way out of this, and if not, at least to put write
that using static plugins is discouraged (at least when dealing with a big kde
library like kdecore, since solid happily uses them).

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B