KDE 4.3.5 scheduled

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sat Jan 16 16:44:48 GMT 2010

On Saturday 16 January 2010, Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> So.. since I so seldom backport. Is this what I should do (pieced together
> from techbase and IRC)?
>
> 1. identify the changeset(s) in the 4.4 branch
> 2. backport by using svn merge -c changesetno 4.4-url . followed by a
> commit using an exact copy of the commit message from the 4.4 checkin?
>
> If so, won't that give bogus bugzilla updates if a commit message contains
> a "BUG: xxxxxx" ?
>
> (Normally I don't bother, but there are some bugfixes to Klipper that are
> needed badly)

Some use CCBUG: xxxxx for backports. This is the same as BUG: but without the
command to close the bug.

I think the announcement meant they already had enough bug-fixes to justify a
new release. If your bug-fixes are important for 4.3 you should generally have
backported them already, but better now than never - distributions often use
the stable-branch instead of the last release sources, so it is not a wasted
effort even without a scheduled release.

Best regards
`Allan