KDE 4.4 Qt version

Alexis Ménard menard at kde.org
Tue Jan 12 08:54:41 GMT 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 January 2010, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> >   This gives a pretty bad impression of KDE if apps randomly crash
>> >
>> > everytime you close them or logout.
>>
>> You mean this gives a pretty bad impression of Qt, right?
>
> You really think that users will blame Qt, not KDE if a KDE app crashes?
>
> --
> Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org

Ok please be gentlemen here. The ton of people is really bad.

I make the sure the patch will be in 4.6.1, it's already in the
process of building/auto-testing.

You could have talk on IRC to the developer who fixes the bug.
Unfortunately he is traveling right now so
that's why he did not answer to the comments.

Anyway it's like it used to be before right? At some point 4.6.1
branch will be closed because of imminent release (like it is more or
less) and the changes will go in 4.6.2 (even a crash).
What happened before? Distributions were picking the patches released
after and they were applying them on top of the last release of Qt to
be sure KDE work.