backport policy

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Mon Jan 11 07:23:10 GMT 2010

Hi Hugo,

On Monday 11 January 2010 03:23:59 Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question on backport policy in kde.
>
> I just committed:
>
> hpereiradacosta * r1072813
> runtime/trunk/KDE/kdebase/runtime/kstyles/oxygen/oxygen.cpp:
> Set SH_ItemView_ArrowKeysNavigateIntoChildren to true in styleHints to
> enforce
> intuitive arrow navigation in treeViews, in a way similar to what's done
> for the
> Windows style.
> CCBUG: 160024

Thanks for implementing this so fast :-) (I just forwarded this issue
yesterday)

> That addresses a wishlist (Bug 160024) primarily on Dolphin, but part of
> which being an issue in oxygen in fact.
> The fix is really tiny (three lines of code added). But it doesn't
> really fix a bug (the original behavior being ok too), nor a crash.
>
> Should it be backported to kde4.4 branch or not ?

Although qualified as "wishlist", some people would describe the old behavior
simply as bug or regression to KDE 3. As you say the patch is tiny and very
straight forward, so in this case it would be great if you could backport this
to the 4.4 branch.