kmix PulseAudio support

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Fri Jan 8 07:50:21 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Alexis Ménard <menard at kde.org> wrote:
> +1 KMix is horrible to use and way behind what's KDE 4 provides as a
> user interface point of view. Unfortunately there is not that much
> contributors behind right?

Sad, but true. When I open the "Configure Channels" dialog here with
my SBLive of yore, I'm getting something like 30 sliders with obscure
names, the meaning of which can only be guessed:

"3D Control - Switch"
"Line 2 LiveDrive 2"
"Headphone LFE 2"

This is not really KMix's fault (the information comes from the
driver, I guess), but we should probably try to filter this a bit,
because this is just confusing. Noone can make sense of such names.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer