kmix PulseAudio support

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jan 7 10:24:58 GMT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Christian Esken at 06/01/10 19:09 did gyre and gimble:
> You guys get me quite confused in this mail thread. Please do not say "it is
> bad" or "lets change things" without indicating what you mean.

Just as a small example regarding the mixer widgets:

They have until now been used to represent hardware. I'm now using the
represent applications and as such I'd like to display a bit more
information and implement a few extra features.

I'd like to show that application X is currently using device Y. e.g.
I'd like to see whether Amarok is using my USB Speakers or my Bluetooth
Headset and ultimately show some way of changing this... (I originally
did not intend to allow any moving of apps to different devices via kmix
- leaving that job to the categories in the Phonon settings - but the
number of comments on my blog saying "Please consider adding stream
moving support" makes me rethink this!)

All I'd really need to do is show a (probably vertical) hyperlink next
to the slider which could pop up a window to allow me to pick another
device. The fact that the tabs basically limit to showing sliders and
enums means I can't easily achieve this right now.

This is an example of the kind of capability I'd like to add but the
fixed UI code is preventing me from easily achieving (unless I've missed
something obvious!!)

I think such an example was asked for but I can't find the relevant mail
to reply to now, so just putting it here :p

Take care

Col

--

Colin Guthrie