kmix PulseAudio support

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jan 7 10:07:10 GMT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Martin T. Sandsmark at 07/01/10 01:27 did gyre and
gimble:
> It would be neat to fall back on, for people that don't have PulseAudio or
> OSSv4 with per-app mixing (is there support for OSSv4 per-app mixing in KMix
> already, btw?).

I believe there is support, but there was an existing bug I had to track
down that caused kmix to crash if the gui was redrawn which is needed
when applications come and go. As I needed per-app sliders too, I
eventually tracked down and fixed that bug:
http://colin.guthr.ie/git/kdemultimedia/commit/?h=pulse&id=969f289ed8e827c4d4c048c751f01c16ce8696e9

Perhaps someone more familiar with the inner workings of kmix (*cough*
Christian *cough* :p) can comment on this fix and maybe suggest a
cleaner way?

The fix works but it feels a bit clunky.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie