synaptiks – KDE touchpad management

Sebastian Wiesner basti.wiesner at gmx.net
Wed Feb 24 20:46:48 GMT 2010

Hello,

I've written a KDE touchpad configuration and management application called
synaptiks.  It provides a touchpad configuration page for system settings and a
service, which "manages" the touchpad (switching the touchpad off on keyboard
activity or if mouse devices are plugged).

I've requested an svn account and imported it into KDE playground (see
trunk/playground/utils/synaptiks).   I consider it mature and stable, and I'll
move it to kdereview asap, but …

… should this be included into KDE itself or not?  I mean, KDE doesn't have
any touchpad configuration module yet, so I think, this is a nice addition.
Any comments?

Thanks
Sebastian Wiesner

                                      (Rosa Luxemburg)