Fixing krunner's threading

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Feb 23 16:20:07 GMT 2010

On February 22, 2010, Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> I decided against posting to plasma-devel for several reasons:

although i'm fine with discussing the issue here or there, i'd recommend
taking it to plasma-devel so as not to annoy people here who don't care about
the code in krunner; this is why we have separate mailing lists in the first
place :)

> - While the problems come from plasma, they could possibly be solved in
> other code

and when we identify such code, we can bring it here if needed.

> - Most technical experts are on k-c-d and not on plasma-devel, and multi-
>   threading is a very technical topic. I'm not very good at it myself.

when we have concrete technical issues, we can bring it here if needed.

i just took a quick survey of the dozen or so people in the room here and it
turns out that several plasma devs aren't on this list. so it works both ways
;)

> - This is a topic of general interest

yes, threading, but topically it is about krunner

> - I don't want to subscribe to yet another mailing list

just tell us to keep you in the CC when you post this to plasma-devel and we
will. this is not an excuse to host off-topic discussions on k-c-d.

i'll wait for this to appear on plasma-devel and i'll take up the discussion
there.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se