[Kde-games-devel] moved Kajongg from playground to kdereview

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 11:49:16 GMT 2010

On Monday, February 22, 2010, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> > About the predefined macro for icon installation, there is
> > one: kde4_install_icons(${ICON_INSTALL_DIR})
>
> done, does not work. My src/*.svg are not installed. Where
> did I go wrong?
>
> IF(INSTALL_KAJONGG)
>     PYKDE4_INSTALL_PYTHON_FILES(${SRCFILES})
>     install(FILES src/tilesetselector.ui
> src/backgroundselector.ui DESTINATION
> ${DATA_INSTALL_DIR}/kajongg)
>     PYKDE4_ADD_EXECUTABLE(kajongg.py kajongg)
>     PYKDE4_ADD_EXECUTABLE(kajonggserver.py kajonggserver)
>     kde4_create_handbook(../doc/kajongg/index.docbook)
>     kde4_install_icons(${ICON_INSTALL_DIR})
>     install(FILES kajongg.desktop DESTINATION
> ${XDG_APPS_INSTALL_DIR})
> ENDIF(INSTALL_KAJONGG)

KDE4_INSTALL_ICONS(path theme)
	Installs all png and svgz files in the current directory to the icon directoy
	given in path, in the subdirectory for the given icon theme.

This macro requires that the source icon files are named in a certain way,
that is not really documented anywhere in techabase.kde.org, or I have been
unable to find the document. Here is my interpretation:

The icon file names must follow the following scheme:

1. theme prefix: two characters "ox", "cr", "lo", "hi", meaning: oxygen,
   crystal, locolor and hicolor respectively.

2. size: for png icons, a number like 16, 24, 32, 48, etc. indicating the icon
   size. For svgz icons, use the string "sc" (meaning scalable).

3. separator: "-"

4. icon group: several group names are defined:
   * app or apps: applications group
   * action or actions: "actions" group
   * mime or mimetypes: "mimetypes" group
   * filesys or places: "places" group
   * device or devices: "devices" group
   * categories
   * status
   * emblems
   * emotes
   * animations
   * intl

The group names are "Standard Contexts" in the Icon Specification:
http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/icon-naming-spec-latest.html#context

5. separator: "-"

6. name: the icon name, this will become the installed icon identifier.

For instance, the following file names:
	hi16-apps-myapplication.png
	hi32-apps-myapplication.png
	hi48-apps-myapplication.png
	hisc-apps-myapplication.svgz

will be installed as:
	hicolor/16x16/apps/myapplication.png
	hicolor/32x32/apps/myapplication.png
	hicolor/48x48/apps/myapplication.png
	hicolor/scalable/apps/myapplication.svgz

Regards,
Pedro