Rekonq default

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 03:44:10 GMT 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Eike Hein <hein at kde.org> wrote:
> On 2/20/2010 7:46 PM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> I guess my view of the situation is that the people
> who asked us to keep Konqueror around did so out of
> the concern that Dolphin would be a dumbed-down file
> manager without advanced functionality. I think Dol-
> phin's development the past few releases has proven
> those fears unfounded. If the promise was to keep
> offering advanced file management functionality in
> the KDE SC, then I feel that Dolphin makes good on
> that promise to a degree that it frees us up to con-
> sider changing Konqueror in ways not previously an-
> ticipated.

As I stated before, I simply disagree on this.  I still think dolphin
lacks a lot of important advanced functionality present in konqueror.
I don't see any indication it will get this functionality in the
future, nor do I think it necessarily should.  I don't see a problem
having a file browser that is limited to just common file-browsing
tasks and another that has a lot of more advanced capabilities.

> But yes, I agree we can't do so unless we're very
> sure the userbase actually feels that way. We don't
> want to break our promises of course.

As a member of the userbase, consider me one vote against this idea
unless Dolphin is able do all file browsing tasks konqueror can
currently do (which it can't presently).

-Todd