[Kde-games-devel] moved Kajongg from playground to kdereview

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 23:17:38 GMT 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 5:48 PM, John Tapsell <johnflux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20 February 2010 21:13, Stefan Majewsky <majewsky at gmx.net> wrote:
>> I'm only following the discussions on kde-games-devel@ and have not actually
>> tried Kajongg, but from what I know: The code duplication is minimal because
>> libkmahjongg is reused for the tile rendering etc., and the game itself is
>> totally different because KMahjongg is what most people from Europe et al know
>> as Mahjongg (the one-player game), while Kajongg is the original four-player
>> game.
>
> Sounds pretty cool.
>
> Could the two programs be merged?  So the user just choses the
> ruleset.  This is what was done in kpat  (
> http://files.myopera.com/it-s/blog/kpat-intro.png ).
>
> John

I would say the rulesets in kpat are more like the boards in
KMahjongg.  The difference between KMahjongg and Kajongg seems more
like the difference between solitaire and poker.  So I don't really
think they should be merged, they are completely different games that
share the same playing pieces.

-Todd