Proposal to improve support for ISO 3166 Country Codes in KLocale

Andriy Rysin arysin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 17:31:56 GMT 2010

2010/2/9 Pino Toscano <toscano.pino at tiscali.it>

> This reminds me I'd like to make use of iso-codes for the ISO 4217
> translations.
> In the long term, ISOs 639 and 3166 as well to get rid of various
> country/languages strings repeated in applications (eg in Kopete's Yahoo
> and
> ICQ, in KStars, libkexiv2, Kalzium, etc).
> But, starting with currency codes: John, what do you think?
>
> Attached is the class I was going to use for new kxkb kcm interface to get
and translate language names by using iso-codes project. Currently I am
using it only for iso639 but it should work for any iso standard available
in iso-codes.

It could be used independently of wrapped into KLocale.

Please let me know if you think it could be useful and if it should be
placed in kdelibs or kdesupport.

Thanks,
Andriy