Proposal to improve support for ISO 3166 Country Codes in KLocale

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Tue Feb 9 10:28:03 GMT 2010

Hi,

Alle giovedì 4 febbraio 2010, John Layt ha scritto:
> Fortunately, there exists the iso-codes project (http://pkg-
> isocodes.alioth.debian.org/) which provides the ISO 639 Language Codes, ISO
> 3166 Country Codes, ISO 4217 Currency Codes, and ISO 15924 Script Codes in
>  XML files, along with translations into some 38 languages.

This reminds me I'd like to make use of iso-codes for the ISO 4217
translations.
In the long term, ISOs 639 and 3166 as well to get rid of various
country/languages strings repeated in applications (eg in Kopete's Yahoo and
ICQ, in KStars, libkexiv2, Kalzium, etc).
But, starting with currency codes: John, what do you think?

--
Pino Toscano