Rekonq default

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Feb 20 17:29:53 GMT 2010

On February 20, 2010, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> AFAIK right now rekonq completely ignores KParts or KIO (dunno for you but
> most users I know expect to react in a sensible way to ftp:// URLs) and
> that unfortunately[*] makes it a deal breaker for me.

kio is used (ftp, file, etc); kparts are a more tricky issue though, i think.
images and pdf's, as having a special position within the html definition,
should probably be embedded (using kparts :) but the rest, in line with the
design goals of rekonq, should probably be opened externally. it's like
dolphin in this way.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se