Rekonq default

Arno Rehn kde-devel at arnorehn.de
Sat Feb 20 15:28:14 GMT 2010

On Saturday 20 February 2010 16:13:48 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dissabte, 20 de febrer de 2010, Frank Karlitschek va escriure:
> > hi friends,
> >
> > some snip
> >
> > So rekonq is a better browser for 80% of our users and should be default
> > therefore.
>
> Don't throw a percentage making it seem you did some real research. That
> number is a plain lie since you have no idea wheter is better or not to our
> users since you have no idea of how many and what kind of users we have.
>
> Obvious question from my side is:
>  * Can rekonq embedd the okular part when the web page has embedded pdf
> files?
Quite honestly, I don't think most users really care about that. They didn't
care when Dolphin was made the default filemanager (which can't embed kparts,
too) and most of them don't care that Firefox can't embed kparts.

I, personally, do care and that's why I neither use Dolphin nor rekonq. The
ability of konqueror to do just EVERYTHING, from displaying webpages,
pictures, source code files with nice highlighting, manage my files and
simultaniously browse my webspace via ftp is just the definitive killer
feature for me.

But most of the users are probably simply using dolphin, despite it not being
able to use kparts, and I bet they wouldn't mind using rekonq instead of
konqueror.

+1 for the move, as long as konqueror won't be treated like a step child
afterwards-

--
Arno Rehn
arno at arnorehn.de