Cleanup KDE Admin Module

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Thu Feb 18 21:37:27 GMT 2010

Am Donnerstag, 18. Februar 2010 22:12:14 schrieb Nicolas Ternisien:
> Any additional idea/opinion? Is there someone for l10n files moving?

Me and other guys from  kde-i18n-doc.

Trunk is already clean l10n-wise, gui + doc translations are killed in all
languages.

> Thanks.
>
> Nicolas
>
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Nicolas Ternisien
>
> <nicolas.ternisien at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de>
wrote:

> >> In branch we have still these applications in the same state (excluded
> >> from build kdat + ksysv, no develeopment since >2 years lilo-config),
> >> does it really make sense to release and ship them in the branch
> >> tarballs?
> >
> > I don't know actually. They are clearly useless, but is it a problem
> > to remove apps (or, at least folders that are not compiled) for a
> > minor release like 4.4.1 ?

From an i18n pov there is no problem with that. It is more the other way
round, translators usually work only with po files provided by scripty. They
are no devels and in this case simply don't recognize that they possibly are
wasting their rare time translationg stuff which is never build or used.

So from my pov (doc + translation) kill everything in branch, what is excluded
from build or outdated.

And from a quality pov I'd prefer to ship only apps in branch tarballs, which
are used, up to date and maintained and not excluded from build.

--
Burkhard Lück