Review Request: Displaying Job Progress in Icons - Review Request

Shaun Reich shaun.reich at
Sun Feb 14 06:28:56 GMT 2010

This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:

(Updated 2010-02-14 06:28:50.684058)

Review request for kdelibs.


Fixes all aforementioned issues and a couple(minors) that I have found. I had to omit files: joburlcache* and org.kde.kuiserver.xml from diff. I also could only place this diff on /kio/kio, I see the review mentions removals of stuff outside of that path; ignore them, as they are impossible and non-applicable. I have fixed the issues outside of that path though, including debrutalizing Rafael's name ;-)

P.S. This took a lot of work just to get the diff to upload. Apparently I have found a bug in reviewboard, but it looks like I may have found a way to fix it too (or a way around it - whichever.



This merge request is for the changes I have done (on my branch), along with other changes(but those are just waiting for this review).

The branch was for a project that I have done; displaying the job progress on the file/folder icons. It essentially shows the status, as in whether or not there is a job being performed on a certain dest. url, if there is, a download icon will be shown at the corner, with an animation(circles rotating around a focal point), to show that a transfer is happening (download, copy, etc..). 

It should be pretty subtle, but may need some tweaking.

I don't really like the KDirModel::setDisplayJobTransfers(bool), and KFileItemDelegate::setDisplayJobTranfers(bool). They sound terrible imo, and seem to go against Nice API Design, but I use them for lack of a better name. Hopefully you guys have some suggestions?

Naturally those 2 method properties are off by default, the individual apps should turn it on at their discretion. I will probably do that for Dolphin and the Folderview plasmoid.

There was some oddity that I experienced, that seemed like an impossibility (then again, lots of bugs do). It wouldn't stop displaying that a job was happening, but I tracked it down and if anything it would have been the sender (kuiserver)'s issue. But I've tested kuiserver quite rigorously...I'm thinking it is just some problem dealing with the *major* version differences I am running.. *shrug*

I can no longer test this branch with my system, as I run trunk and running this really old checkout side by side...well, that was a pain I am not going to go through again, as apps were crashing so often etc.. and I *still* don't have my plasma's desktop activities back up and running, only 2 system monitors on the desktop :)

Once it's committed to trunk, I should be able to quickly verify and track down any issues...

Diffs (updated)

  /trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kio/kio/kfileitemdelegate.cpp 1089795 
  /trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kio/kio/kfileitemdelegate.h 1089795 
  /trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kio/kio/kdirmodel.cpp 1089795 
  /trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kio/kio/copyjob.cpp 1089795 
  /trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kio/kio/delegateanimationhandler.cpp 1089795 
  /trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kio/kio/delegateanimationhandler_p.h 1089795 
  /trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kio/kio/job.cpp 1089795 
  /trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kio/kio/kdirmodel.h 1089795 






More information about the kde-core-devel mailing list