kcm_devinfo moved to kdereview ( Infocenter KCM )

David Hubner hubnerd at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 11 23:48:23 GMT 2010

On 11/02/2010 22:08, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Aaron J. Seigo<aseigo at kde.org>  wrote:

>>> If an application has not got a maintainer how does one upstream
>>> something to it?
>>
>> consult other KDE developers who work on things around it (in this case
>> perhaps system settings?); you can also ask to become the maintainer of the
>> app (which is always a welcome event when something is otherwise
>> unmaintained!)
>
> In terms of my view from System Settings, this would definitely be
> welcome having a maintainer for KInfoCenter, and having more of its
> components use Solid and other new frameworks.
>

>> --
>> Aaron J. Seigo
>> humru othro a kohnu se
>> GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA  EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43

> Regards,
> Ben

I would like to take over maintainership of KInfoCenter but I am not
sure what this would entail. I only started coding for KDE 3-4 months ago.

Is there any information on taken on maintainership of a KDE project? I
would be afraid to do something wrong. KDE is too good for myself to
start borking things up :)

I would like to redo the interface for one and condense some of the
modules into categories, for example, Hardware information, Graphical
Information, Network Information etc etc.

Thanks