kcm_devinfo moved to kdereview ( Infocenter KCM )

David Hubner hubnerd at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 6 21:41:45 GMT 2010

On Thursday 28 January 2010 19:59:44 David Hubner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have moved the kcm devinfo from playground to kdereview. Its a solid based device information viewer that hopefully will replace the devices kcm in Infocenter.
>
> Features:
> - Tree like view of all devices.
> - Information on all devices detectable by solid
> - Display IP(V4) information and status on NIC's
> - Automatic insertion and deletion of devices in the tree
>
> At the moment it can replace the Network Interfaces, Devices, Sound, Processor Information and Usb devices KCM in Infocenter. Hopefully it can replace the partitions KCM soon as well. ( see TODO )
>
> Todo:
> - Submitted two patches to Solid, if they are added i should be able to add volume and storage device, available and used space meters.
>
> Main KDE Libs Needed:
> Solid
> Solid::Control (KdeBase)
> KIO
>
> I am hoping with some input it can be moved into KDE.
>
> Thanks

As requested

1. Added tooltips on devices ( at the moment shows "A Device", it will show device.description() when 4.4 comes out.
2. Fixed the empty message issue.
3. Added Docbook to the SVN.
4. Added Whats This parts to the application.
4. Fixed spelling issues.
5. All the right side is selectable so you can copy.
6. QList<QString> changed to QStringList.

Also added size detection on volumes so they have usage/availability and size.

Could people review this again, to see if there is any remaining issues. Its in Kdereview under kcm_devinfo.

Thanks
--
David Hubner
IRC: hubnerd