Dolphin change proposals

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 17:17:43 GMT 2010

I fixed the bug with the group headers, and have moved on to this:

> If you select multiple files of different types, then right-click it
> will have an "open with default applications" or something like that,
> and all the files will then be opened with their own default
> application.  I am aware of the bug where files are often opened in
> many duplicates of the same program (like pictures with gwenview) and
> the one where files with different extensions but the same default
> file handler are not opened by that file handler (this happens with
> different sorts of text files, like .h and .cpp files).  I would have
> to fix these bugs first.

Looking at the code, it is not clear to me that I can fix the issue
with how applications like gwenview respond to getting multiple files.
 As best as I can tell each application on its own determines how to
respond to getting multiple file requests.  If I am right about this,
the bug will have to be fixed in each application individually, and is
outside the scope of what I can do.  Does anyone know if this is
correct?

-Todd