Removal of PolicyKit-KDE from kdebase/workspace

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 12:30:55 BST 2010

Howdy,

I think it's time to move PolicyKit-KDE away from kdebase/workspace back to
where it should belong, extragear/base. The usage of PolicyKit is nearing zero
due to its replacement, polkit-1, and for this reason we're shipping by
default support for a deprecated component (and we already have a polkit-kde-1
package in extragear).

I'm not in favor of putting polkit-kde-1 into kdebase, because such a
component might follow a different development path from the SC, and for this
reason and due to its very delicate nature, I'd prefer to keep it as a
separate package.

If no objections arise, I'll move PolicyKit-KDE to extragear/base and make a
new release in a week.

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer