Application name displayed in KWallet [Re: keyboard2 moved to kdereview]

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Aug 17 20:26:14 BST 2010

On Thursday 27 May 2010, Michael Leupold wrote:
> Am 27.05.2010 10:31, schrieb Dmitry Suzdalev:
> > On Wednesday 26 May 2010 22:53:46 Michael Leupold wrote:
> >> The KWallet daemon displays whichever name the application calling it
> >> requests to be displayed.
> >
> > Ah, so to solve the issue, apps should just provide the correct name?
> > Great then, thanks! :)
>
> Basically yes, if you look at what they send to the daemon. However all
> applications using the KWallet::Wallet class get their name chosen for
> them.
>
> Have a look at
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/util/kwallet.cpp?view=markup,
> line 50 (appid()). Not sure if there's some easy fix to get the
> currently running kded module's (or plasma widget's for that matter) name.

Two solutions:
1) you could add API to kwallet so that one can pass the name that they want
to use.
2) Or if you don't want that, we could use KGlobal::activeInstance() instead,
it is meant to be "the currently active instance", e.g. the active kpart in
konqueror. But this seems like hard-to-control black magic compared to the
simple solution 1.