PlasmaKPart moved to kdereview

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Fri Aug 13 07:54:50 BST 2010

Moin moin,

I've moved PlasmaKPart, a KPart which can be used by any application who
wishes to enable a dashboard/summary page in their application, into
kdereview. PlasmaKPart leverages the Plasma Development Platform to do
most of the work for any developer; the only thing really left for
developers is the development of the widgets, which can either be done
using Plasma or using QWidgets easily wrapped in Plasma objects.

The documentation on this KPart, including the details to implement
Plasma object injection using the Plasma::PluginLoader API (already in
trunk) currently resides as a work in progress at
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/ApplicationShell .
It will be completed over the next 24 hours.

There are no dependencies for this code outside of kdelibs and
kdebase/runtime (as far as I can tell).

There is currently in plasmakaprt/shell a testing/example shell which
will show the minimal amount of work necessary to deploy this kpart as
well as the Plasma::PluginLoader API.

This code is directly related to my Google Summer of Code work. The plan
is to move this into kdebase-runtime.

Best,
Ryan Rix

PS: I may be out of sync a little bit over the next two to three days as
I move in and transition to dorm life for my first year of university.

--
Ryan Rix
== http://rix.si/page/contact/ if you need a word         ==