KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/kernel

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 10 23:11:16 BST 2010

On Monday 09 August 2010 22:32:15 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 09.08.10 22:16:22, John Layt wrote:
> > On Saturday 07 August 2010 10:54:40 Christoph Feck wrote:
> > > Are there any other regressions besides the Alt+Tab bug? Does
> > > KGlobalAccel maybe have a different bug that only was showing now?
> >
> > I'm currently missing Alt-tab using openSuse 11.3 packages for SC 4.5 so
> > I'm guessing they backported it?
>
> You can find out by keeping both Alt+Tab pressed down, after a few
> seconds the tabbox will come up (or your desktop-effect will start) if
> they indeed backported the kapplication change.

Yep,holding down Alt-Tab the desktop effect Cover Flow kicks in, switches
through a few windows, then Kwin crashes, restarts, and Xorg goes to 50% and I
have to log out to get a responsive desktop back :-(  Damn Nvidia...

> > I'm also finding that pressing enter in krunner
> > often doesn't work which might be related, but could just be krunner
> > being flaky.
>
> I've also noticed that, but I think I also had that from time to time
> before the kdelibs, especially if I type a full executable and quickly
> hit enter. It seems that krunner first waits for all runners to return
> before it even tries to execute the first one.

Nope, I wait for the first option to appear and press enter and it often
doesn't work, I have to click to get a response.