Improving Dr Konqi for developers

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 14:32:30 BST 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 8:50 AM, George Kiagiadakis
<kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Now, why do I write this stuff here, instead of just implementing it:
>>
>> - I don't know whether you would also find it useful as a developer
>> - I'm not sure whether all this should be shown to John Doe who just wants to
>> report a bug. Maybe it even increases the overwhelming effect of this dialog,
>> and I don't want that. So ideas on how to make it optional maybe would be
>> welcome (some non-UI setting maybe?)
>
> That is an issue. In fact, Dario Andres who designed the interface
> tried hard to make it clear for the simple user and I think we should
> keep it that way. However, it would be possible to have such features
> as optional, just like we currently have the "Debug" button (which
> appears only if you set a specific key to 'true' in drkonqirc, see
> drkonqi's README for details).

Maybe there could be a global option that allows someone to change
drkonqi's behavior from "user" to "developer".  In the later case it
shows more advanced developer-specific information.  It might be
possible to have it part of kdebugdialog, have a separate
configuration program like kdebugdialog for drkonqi, or just have a
hidden option somewhere.

-Todd