Soprano: optional or mandatory?

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Sun Aug 1 16:30:27 BST 2010

Am Sonntag, 1. August 2010, 15:44:01 schrieb Allen Winter:
> I asked the same question almost 1 year ago to the day.
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=124947880604572&w=2
>
> I think you should try to fix kdelibs so it can build without Soprano.

From what it looks like, both include instructions are historic leftovers
because at the moment only kio/kfile/ and nepomuk/ sources include Soprano
headers, but neither kfile/ nor kparts/ do. Or maybe I'm missing something. At
least it builds again. It would still be good if people who work in this area
could have a look.

By the way, quite a number of mandatory dependencies could still be converted
into optional ones. For example, why do I need to install Xscreensaver
libraries if I just want to develop applications using selected kdelibs
features.

Josef