Configuration of database connection information

Lynn Hazan lynn.hazan at lsce.ipsl.fr
Fri Apr 30 14:24:39 BST 2010

I am currently developing an application which is displaying data retrieved
from a database. For that purpose I am using a dedicated unique database user
account .
I would like to store the database connection information (host, database
name, user name, password) in an application configuration file which should
not be accessible to everybody. The idea is to have the information outside
the compiled code so it can be easily updated it if necessary, but protected.

This configuration would be application internal (not accessible to the end
users like with KConfig).

Does anyone know how to do this?

Lynn