KDE printing development resources (maintainership, mailing lists etc.)
tibirna at kde.org
Sun Apr 18 01:58:51 BST 2010
(Cc-ed the e.V. and the sysadmins for administrative purposes)
Some very long time ago Michael Goffioul, the creator of the KDE-print
infrastructure and software in KDE-SC-2,3, asked for a replacement maintainer
and, after a year of fruitless waiting on his part, I took over. That meant:
- kdelibs-kdeprint and kdebase-kdeprint code maintainership,
- printing related bug reports management
- keeping up the relationship with the Free Software printing community
- kde-print at kde.org mailing list administration
- and http://printing.kde.org web site responsibility.
During my active time, I did very little maintainership (keeping it to bug
fixes and bug report management and mailing list activity). I worked on
maintaining links with the larger printing community. I created the kde-print-
devel maling list (which has almost no activity presently).
I failed to reserve time for this aspect of my KDE involvement and I failed to
pursue the passage of the KDE printing infrastructure to KDE4. As a
consequence, in the last 2 years, my implication with KDE printing was
naturally reduced to spam control on the mailing lists. The code was moved out
of the main line and I believe it is due to disappear. My presence in the
larger printing community also waned after 2008.
I therefore state here that I think there is no more point in me staying with
the matter and I would be relieved to see this chapter closed.
I believe this would mean:
- somebody to take over whatever little activity remained
- closing the kde-print and kde-print-devel mailing lists
- closing (or marking as inactive) the printing.kde.org site
- locking down the printing products in the bug reporting system
As I don't have the technical, administrative and moral powers to do this by
myself, I open the subject for discussion and eventual resolution.
Thank you for your attention.
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the kde-core-devel