Support for nested groups in kconf_update

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at canonical.com
Fri Apr 16 13:37:59 BST 2010

On 03/04/2010 17:50, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 05:36:43PM +0200, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
>> Can this go in?
>>
> this is huge and i don't know the code, so only some mostly superficial
> comments from me:
>
> you should probably first commit the coding style cleanup and then
> squash everything else into a second commit.

Just did something like that: committed the coding style cleanup, then
unit-tests, then minor code cleanups. The huge patch adding support for
nested groups is here:

http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/3623/

> parseGroupString does no dequoting (printableToString in kconfigini). it
> is admittedly unlikely that someone would write transformation rules
> involving group names containing "weird" characters, but who knows ...
> make at least a FIXME remark.

I took some inspiration from printableToString and added
unescapeString() to KConfigUtils. It may be useful to move this function
to KStringHandler later, but for now I wanted all changes to be self
contained.

> the KConfigUtils namespace is more of an indicator that something is
> missing in kconfig than anything else ...

Like for unescapeString(), I can refactor this afterwards.

Aurélien