[Kde-maemo] sprint opportunity

Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz) asouza at kde.org
Mon Apr 12 13:39:37 BST 2010

On Monday 12 April 2010, 08:14 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Really it depends how much it'll be about bringing KDE/Qt on *symbian*
> (specific) or KDE/Qt on *mobiles* (generic). I've no experience with the
> symbian toolchain for instance or symbian based device.
>
> So I'm not overly interested in a sprint where I'd spend my time fighting
> over the symbian toolchain. Now if I spend the sprint working on less
> symbian dependent issue my personal interest would raise.
>
> I can't talk for the whole kde-maemo list of course, but I suspect that I'm
> not alone with this position.

+1.

Specially because doing Symbian work usually needs a Windows machine at some
point and most of us just don't use Windows (ok, we know that you can compile
Qt stuff on linux for Symbian too, it just not so good yet). Isn't Maemo/Meego
a good strategy for them? Or they really need Symbian related stuff ?

Cheers,

Artur Duque de Souza - MoRpHeUz
http://claimid.com/morpheuz
Blog: http://blog.morpheuz.cc