KInfoCenter rewrite in Kdereview

David Hubner hubnerd at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 9 21:23:14 BST 2010

On Thursday 08 April 2010 01:14:32 you wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 April 2010 01:07:23 David Hubner wrote:
> > If possible could i get some feedback on what people think? Its in kdereview
> > under kinfocenter2.
>
> Issues I found:
> * Double margins in multiple places (see
> http://imagebin.ca/view/SbaDz7Fz.html for a layout visualization)

Opps, Fixed this. Thanks

> * Button box at bottom does not respect buttons' size hints

Also, opps had a fixed size in there..

> * Search field misses clear button

> * When search field is cleared manually, it says "You have not entered any
> search string." instead of clearing search filter
> * Looking at other view filters, I believe we don't need a "Search" button at
> all

Redone the whole search bar to make it more like system setting and dolphin. I wonder if its worth making a KSearchBar from QLineEdit?

> * The informative header texts from KInfoCenter1 are missing

These are now the default WhatsThis information. Having quickHelp up the top taking up part of the side screen was pointless when there is a big help button now and WhatsThis functionality. Modules can still override the WhatsThis data to show better WhatsThis information.

> Christoph Feck (kdepepo)

I also added icons to the bottom buttons, tooltips for the button buttons and fixed some localization issues and various small issues.

Thanks

--
David Hubner
IRC: hubnerd