Display brightness OSD notification

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Fri Apr 9 12:27:42 BST 2010

On Thursday 08 April 2010 15:25:55 Felix Geyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm proposing a patch that addresses these issues:
> - KDE doesn't provide an OSD notification when the user changes the
> display brightness.
> - The brightness Fn keys don't have an effect if they aren't handled by
> the kernel/hardware.

Very nice! I have just tested it. Basically it works, but on every second
press the progress bar fills up again from the beginning. If I keep the
brightness up button pressed, the progress bar jumps up and down.

Any chance this could also be done for the keyboard brightness? It is the last
thing preventing me to throw out the pommed daemon.

Cheers,
Michael