Display brightness OSD notification

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Fri Apr 9 10:26:14 BST 2010

Friday 09 April 2010 günü (saat 11:23:05) David Jarvie şunları yazmıştı:
> On Thu, April 8, 2010 2:25 pm, Felix Geyer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm proposing a patch that addresses these issues:
> > - KDE doesn't provide an OSD notification when the user changes the
> > display brightness.
>
> Is this really useful? There is already feedback when changing the
> brightness setting (i.e. the screen brightness changes). I'd rather not
> have an OSD notification popping up and hiding stuff unless it's really
> useful/necessary.

The usefulness can be discussed but if both volume/brightness OSD's and also
plasma notifications are at least similar in appearance and behaviour, it will
help improving the desktop experience.

---
Ozan Çağlayan
TUBITAK/UEKAE - Pardus Linux