KConfigSkeleton and kstyle

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo at oxygen-icons.org
Thu Apr 8 18:59:58 BST 2010

Hi all,

This is a technical question:

KConfigSkeleton is used for oxygen style to read write options.
This guy can be made static or not.
Right now it is static but I don't like static stuff, because you never
"really" know when they are cleared.

Is there anything that would prevent me to use the non-static version,
as a member of the KStyle object itself ?

If my understanding is correct, most of the time there is only one
kstyle object per application, so that should not impact the memory
footprint. Plus this is a tiny object (some bools, a couple of integers,
nothing fancy).

What do you think ?

Hugo