KInfoCenter rewrite in Kdereview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Apr 6 18:09:31 BST 2010

A Dimarts, 6 d'abril de 2010, David Hubner va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> I have mostly finished the new rewrite of kinfocenter. The rewrite was due
> to a lot of legacy code in the old version, it was going to be more
> trouble to modify the old code than write new code.
>
> Some new features of the kinfocenter are:
>
> - Getting some consistency between system settings.
> - Summary page
> - removes all legacy code and uses model/view
> - new summary KCM
> - Better organisation of the KCM's
> - Export
>
> There is still a few things to do at the moment, i need to redo some of the
> documentation as well as write new parts and add Whatsthis information to
> the KCM's
>
> Some things to take note are:
>
> - The network interfaces viewer is not complete yet, it will appear blank.
> - You need trunk due to patches added to solid and KdeUI
> - Only summary has export functionality at the moment. It will be added to
> most of them. - The tooltips need a little more info.
>
> Apart from that i feel it is complete. If possible could i get some
> feedback on what people think? Its in kdereview under kinfocenter2.

./Modules/pci/kpci.cpp has some untranslatable strings in the form of
QString("%1 MiB").arg(static_cast<unsigned long>(size/0x100000))

Your main Messages.sh extracts to something called kinfocenter2.pot but your
program is still called kinfocenter in main.cpp

The files in base/ do not get their messages extracted for translation. Seems
it does not seem a real module you might want to add them to the main message
catalog

Modules/infosummary/Messages.sh extracts to kcminfosum.pot but there is no
other mention of kcminfosum anywhere so i doubt the translations are being
correctly loaded

Modules/nicviewer/Messages.sh extracts to kcmnicviewer.pot but there is no
other mention of kcmnicviewer anywhere so i doubt the translations are being
correctly loaded

Albert