KInfoCenter rewrite in Kdereview

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 03:19:32 BST 2010

On Monday 05 April 2010 20:07:23 David Hubner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have mostly finished the new rewrite of kinfocenter. The rewrite was due
> to a lot of legacy code in the old version, it was going to be more
> trouble to modify the old code than write new code.
>
> Some new features of the kinfocenter are:
>
> - Getting some consistency between system settings.
> - Summary page
> - removes all legacy code and uses model/view
> - new summary KCM
> - Better organisation of the KCM's
> - Export
>
> There is still a few things to do at the moment, i need to redo some of the
> documentation as well as write new parts and add Whatsthis information to
> the KCM's
>
> Some things to take note are:
>
> - The network interfaces viewer is not complete yet, it will appear blank.
> - You need trunk due to patches added to solid and KdeUI
> - Only summary has export functionality at the moment. It will be added to
> most of them. - The tooltips need a little more info.
>
> Apart from that i feel it is complete. If possible could i get some
> feedback on what people think? Its in kdereview under kinfocenter2.
>
> Thanks

I just had a quick look at kinfocenter1's copyright issues pointed out by
Krazy, and apparently they still haven't been fixed -- furthermore, some small
files, such as Modules/memory/memory_{fbsd,linux,netbsd,...}.{cpp,h} don't
even have a copyright header at all.

I'll see if it works fine on FreeBSD later.