Qalculate plasmoid in kdeplasma-addons

Matteo Agostinelli agostinelli at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 12:52:41 BST 2009

On Friday 25 September 2009 11:09:44 Matteo Agostinelli wrote:
> On Friday 25 September 2009 11:04:25 John Tapsell wrote:
> > 2009/9/25 Matteo Agostinelli <agostinelli at gmail.com>:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > the qalculate plasmoid (advanced calculator that uses libqalculate) has
> > > spent quite some time on kdereview and has also been relatively popular
> > > in kde- look.org. I think the applet is quite mature now and has been
> > > tested sufficiently. What do you think about moving it to
> > > kdeplasma-addons? Is it ok?
> >
> > Don't suppose you could pick a better name? :-)
> >
> > If it's supposed to replace the current calculator, then the user
> > visible name should just be "Calculator" or "KDE Calculator", imho.
> >
> > John
>
> Sure. I chose this name for two reasons basically:
> - to clearly distinguish it from the original calculator plasmoid
> - I mantained name and artwork of the original project
> (http://qalculate.sourceforge.net)
>
> But certainly both name and icon could be changed....
>
> Matteo

Also, I would like to add that this is not meant to be a replacement of the
existing calculator but an optional "enhanced" calculator, since it requires
an additional external dependency (libqalculate). So IMO the current choice of
branding (name and icon) could be acceptable. If there are no objections, I
would like to move it to kdeplasma-addons next weekend. I am willing to
mantain it in the future.

Regards,
Matteo