CMake and ksysguardd

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Sep 29 18:17:20 BST 2009

On Tuesday 29 September 2009, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 3:55 PM, John Tapsell <johnflux at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> >  The code in kdebase/workspace/ksysguard/ksysguardd  is self
> > contained, with very minimal dependencies (i.e. no Qt etc).

There are at least two options what you want to have:

1) check out only kdebase/workspace/ksysguard/ and be able to build that

This is the slightly harder one. Then you must have everything you need also
locally in this directory.
I.e. you must have the configure check you need in ksysguard/CMakeLists.txt or
ksysguard/KSysGuardConfigureChecks.cmake or something.
If they use the same result variable names for the same checks the results
will be reused when building all of kdebase, otherwise they will run
additionally to the global checks.

You also need copies of the additional cmake files you have.

You have to check somewhere whether you are building separately or as a whole:
if (${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR} STREQUAL ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR})

2) Check out kdebase/workspace/cmake/, kdebase/workspace/ (non-recursive) and
kdebase/workspace/ksysguard/

This would be much easier, but not as nice.
All the files you need are around, the checks can run, and if the directories
which you don't need are put in macro_option_add_subdirectory() instead of
add_subdirectory() all non-checked out subdirs will just be skipped.

Alex